Our top 10 resolutions for 2021
Lifestyle changes and realistic, practical goals to help you get healthier in 2021.
- Cut down on sugar consumption. A lot of foods that you eat have large quantities of added and hidden sugar. You’d be surprised by the amount of sugar you actually end up consuming. Read more about this on our blog “ Eat less sugar. You’re sweet enough already.”
- Focus on gratitude. Things can get overwhelming over the course of the year. Try shifting your focus on the things you already possess in your life that you are thankful for instead of the things that are not going your way.
- Choose food over supplements. Although it’s very easy to pop two pills every morning to compensate for the amount of vitamins and minerals your body needs, it is always easier and better for your body to absorb these nutrients from natural sources.
- Sign up for events. A great way to motivate yourself to exercise is to sign up for events because let’s face it, sometimes competition does do the trick. Check out apps such as GoalsFit that allow you to register for running, walking or cycling events that help you set goals for yourself and push you to reach them. You can accomplish these goals either by yourself or in group settings, depending on what you’re comfortable with.
- Start small. Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither will you be. Start by making small changes that are easy and convenient to make. For example if you drink soft drinks on a daily basis, try swapping them out for a drink with no sugar or a glass of water instead.
- Share your resolutions. Find a partner to share your resolutions and goals with. This way you feel accountable to someone and tend to make more of an effort to meet your targets.
- Dress to impress yourself. Wearing flattering clothes positively impacts your ability to get stuff done. Wear clothes that make YOU feel good and you will notice a change in your attitude.
- Make your bed every morning. Have trouble getting out the bed in the morning? Make your bed the moment you wake up. A neat and organised home is more conducive to your peace of mind, stimulates productivity and makes it less likely for you to want to laze around in all day.
- Get some sun! Even if it means you have to stand in your balcony for 5 minutes a day, getting some sun will help brighten your mood *pun intended*
- Do the things you love. If 2020 has taught us anything it is that life is unpredictable, make sure you make time for the things you love. Spend more time with loved ones, laugh more and remember that you are one of a kind.
To a better tomorrow and a better 2021!
The Polka Pop Family